Friday 12 March 2010

Inventions




I think I've been focussing on the wrong angle, looking more into upper class society when really what made our concept strong was looking at what made Britain, Britain. And to the majority of the population being upper class is not it. So I've gone back to the idea of looking at British achievements, sports, inventions. Listed above are a number of inventions from Britons. I've then started to think about how they can be shown in a humouress way. I don't like the image of the guy in the scuba kit, I don't find it very engaging. The other sketch is much more interesting to me. I've used a number of the smaller inventions and combined them in a much larger operation which succeeds in turning a light bulb on. This stems from the point of view that Britons are very good as stuff that no-one cares about. So this overly complex machine illustrates the cleverness but pointlessness angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment