Saturday 4 December 2010

Butterfly Effect Product

I thought it would be quite good to think about how to produce the butterfly effect diagram would be produced in real life and went down to speak to the guys in furniture. I wanted to produce a test piece which involved lights and acrylic just to give myself some idea about the materials. However after discussing this we decided it would be a good idea to produce the entire diagram, I explained what I wanted with lights etc and we've worked out the way to do it so now it's just a matter of ordering parts so we can begin to make it. Unfortunately the files I've been working on need to be exported etc and so I'll upload that this week to show what preparation is needed for the CNC machine.

I'm going to produce the product at the same size of the poster, so it's still a scaled down version of what the exhibition piece might look like but I don't think it's feasible at this point to try and produce it to scale. The plan is to cut 3mm holes in some wood at each point where there is an event or arrow these will then have LED's behind them which will be programmed to turn on for 1 second one after the other. This way it will show the passing of time and display the order of the film correctly. I'm going to print the poster out onto tracing paper and lay this over the top of the wood so that the light will show through the colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment