Saturday 22 May 2010




Here I've used the initial net and lengthened it. I also decided to switch to landscape. Most leaflets I've picked up from museums are portrait, so I'm challenging this a bit. Also, when these pages open, the format changes to a more square appearance. Landscape also makes more sense in case I want to include imagery of the maps, which are more suited to this format.





After discussing the structure so far, it was apparent that this was too small of a format. I think I'd restricted it this much because I knew the difficulties I'd have printing otherwise. To overcome this I'm attempting to keep the same page widths, but extent them length wise.



I think that to challenge this further, I want to do tabs on both sides of the leaflet. So that when it's duplexed it has tabs for each side. This makes the stucture even more confusing to make but I think it'll be worth it.



Testing structure, and trying to work out what size tabs need to be.





From doing the map, I like the idea of separating the information into manageable sections. I came across this leaflet a couple of months ago, with interesting tabbing so I thought this might be a good way to do it. It also links well with the map structure. So here I've been trying to work out what page sizes would need to be to allow for tabs to exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment