Saturday 8 May 2010

Spaces to design for

I've been and photographed some spaces in Leeds which I feel are similar to the spaces in the Natural History Museum. I have then simplified them so that I can begin to design for a space rather than thinking in a 2D way.



Here is a corridor going through to a doorway.



This is a corner of a wall, possible used for signage.



This was an automatic door way, but I've filled in the space of the doorway. It could be a good place for an information kiosk/monitors, or I could open it back up as a doorway. The pillars either side are quite interested, and could be good to work with.



Here is the information desk/reception. This is a likely place for the leaflets to begin their travels.



3 sets of staircases, an ideal place for way finding material.

No comments:

Post a Comment