Monday 10 May 2010


Trying to come up with symbols which communicate fossils. I think the most recognisable shape for fossils is probably this one that looks like a snail and so I'm working with that. I'm trying to indicate the lines around the shape but also trying to keep the symbols quite simple so that they work on a smaller scale. I've starred the ones which I am going to develop further.


Rocks and Diamonds, since the area is a combination I thought it would be good to have 2 images within the symbol but I think this is overcomplicating it and making it less clear.


Looking at our solar system. The trouble here is that I don't want to use Saturn as the focus is more on the Earth, but trying to show it within a solar system is hard to do without making it a long thin symbol. I'm playing with the idea of showing the Earth in it's orbit, but cropping the majority of the orbit out.


This has probably been the most difficult to do (ecology) as I still don't completely understand what it consists of. What I understand so far is that it's all to do with cycles. Which is why I'm testing the use of arrows in combination with leaves/trees to show its the cycle of life.


Volcano and earthquake section. Volcanos seem to more easily recognisable than earth quakes. Earth quakes resemble lightening quite a lot so I'm sticking to using a volcano as the symbol.

No comments:

Post a Comment