Wednesday 5 May 2010



Initial storyboarding for the Green Zone. Starting underground with the diplodocus bones and slowly revealing minerals and gems. I like the part of the design where the roots form the image of Charles Darwin, it seems like an interesting way to reveal his portrait without going off a tangent and also relates to his theoretical diagrams which take the form of trees, which was the inspiration for the tree project. I think however, I am making this animation into a more complex piece than is useful. When doing the Ted Baker brief, the brief specified needing to gain attention after about 3 second and so perhaps the content of the zone needs to be communicated in less time than I've originally thought. It may be useful to put a restriction on the time allowance of 5-10 seconds.




A possible idea was to use motion to pan across a scene which included all the species within the green zone. Since the tree was an important aspect to the museum, I thought it would be appropriate to use this as a focal point. Here I've began to think about the positioning of species in relation to the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment