Thursday 25 February 2010

Business card - session 6

We were assigned new professions and told to produce a business card. I wanted to be the kind of scaffolder who was reliable, professional and with sturdy scaffolds. The typeface I decided to use was Eurostile.


The only information I decided to use was my profession, name and contact details. I didn't really think about heirarchy much on this one, other than I assumed my profession was the most important detail.

After a class discussion the overall thought was that contact details were perhaps the most important detail since, if we are handing a business card out the person already knows what we do. So here I tried to make the telephone number stand out more, as this method of communication is preferable to email.


I tried to think of visual ways to explore scaffolding. I used the word scaffolding to suggest a vertical structure and had the personal details coming of it to hint at bars. I don't particularly like this though, it looks a bit confused and not thought out properly.


Having the word scaffolding the other side works better and makes everything more readable. Since scaffolding isn't the most important in order of heirarchy it doesn't matter that it's rotated.

Out of the four I'm unsure which business card I prefer. Maybe the second one, because it doesn't try to be too clever and just gets the message across easily enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment