Wednesday 17 February 2010

DVD Schematics



By looking at other DVD's and seeing how their menus work it'll be easier for me to try and work out how mine will be structured. I've tried to choose DVD's which are suitable to the content of my own DVD. Firstly I looked at 'Garth Marenghis Darkplace' which is a channel 4 programme. As my proposed programme was to be aired on Channel 4 this is an appropriate source of information. One thing that I'm going to include since seeing this, is having the Channel 4 logo playing at the beginning of my DVD before the menu appears.



The second DVD I looked at was a short animation from David Shrigley. Since it's only a short animation there isn't as much content on this one as you might find on DVDs for films. It's interesting here that the interviews and discussions were kept in an extras menu, which is what I plan to do with a sample of my development work.



The Stone Roses was my next choice of DVD, due to the fact it is based on music. Here there is a choice of whether to play all the videos one after the other or to select one. Although I only have one video for my Top 10, I have 8 videos I want to include for "click" so this is an option I want to include on my DVD.



'The Young Ones", I thought would be appropriate as it was a programme popular at the same time as 2-Tone and included bands such as madness within the content of the programme. This menu is quite complicated breaking each video down into chapters and selecting from there. I don't think this is necessary for my DVD, and I'll save myself some time and stress by keeping it a bit more simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment