Thursday 4 February 2010

Image&Type - session 4



This task was to produce an A4 page which included text and an image. The image didn't actually have anything to do with the text and I made a mistake with my heirarchy. I thought it would be a good idea to place the image at the top of the page so that it didn't draw the eye past the text. Instead I should have arrange my type and then placed the image accordingly.



I took this latter method and applied it to the second example. I also considered what type of a publication it was going to be present in, and decided on quite an upmarket magazine. I tried to use lots of white space and I think by doing this it actually looks like there is less to read. Once I realised the image wasn't important I opted to just use a section of it, to act more like a decorative strip rather than a photograph of cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment