Wednesday 3 November 2010


I treated this newsletter brief as a one day type and layout brief. My main reason for doing it was because it was out of my comfort zone. It was for a client and was a quick turn around brief. I came across some magazine layouts before that I really liked (see dc) and wanted to produce something similar. I used the idea of using blocks of colour and grids for images and other lines etc. I decided that I would keep the newsletter at an A3 height but make it narrower so that when it was folded it was easy to hold and unfold. I seriously underestimated the amount of copy that would need to fit on it though. And because of this not only did I not have enough room to play around with shapes and lines and make it very visual but I also ended up cutting half the example stories out so that it wasn't so intense with type. So really it was a complete disaster and I was relieved I didn't get picked to do it. I definitely need better judgement with how much copy is needed and relate that to how much space I will need and be a bit more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment