Thursday 18 November 2010

Pictograms


Update of the reef pictograms. I've been developing this quite a lot and testing it at smaller scales in black and white which eliminated a lot of choices for me. I finally decided on a fish that worked and then realised what people had told me before that it was just a fish. So now I've tried to incorporate some sort of coral/reef into the pictogram. It's quite a difficult thing to work with so I settled for a silhouette of an area of the reef and combined this with one of the fish I'd been working on.



Although the first shark icon here is probably the one that looks most like a shark when scaled down the smaller fins distort the main shape and so the one on the right is most appropriate.


Deep diving, trying to use the idea of arrows to make the surrounding area look deep. I think the taller thinner ones are working best.

No comments:

Post a Comment